We’re not writing our regular weblog right this moment however right here, as a substitute, is the Politics Dwell readers’ version. It’s a place so that you can focus on right this moment’s politics, and to share hyperlinks to breaking information and to probably the most fascinating tales and blogs on the net.
Be at liberty to specific your views robustly, however please deal with others with respect and don’t resort to abuse. Guardian remark pages are speculated to be a haven from the Twitter/social media rant-orama, not an extension of it.
You possibly can learn all right this moment’s Guardian politics tales here.
- Public sector employees together with academics and law enforcement officials are reportedly to be given a £2bn pay rise.
- MPs have given Boris Johnson a brutal preview of the size of the problem dealing with his premiership, as Conservative rebels voted to dam any try to droop parliament with the intention to power by means of a no-deal Brexit.
- The European fee’s new president has stated a tough Brexit would have “massively detrimental penalties” for each Britain and the EU, and stated Brussels may present emergency assist for nations akin to Ireland that bear the brunt of such an final result.
- Theresa May is throwing down the gauntlet to her successor, pushing for fathers to have extra time with their newborns. Writing within the Guardian she says she hopes that higher paternity depart and day without work work to look after untimely infants shall be one among her lasting legacies as prime minister.
- Sadiq Khan will demand an overhaul of tenancy legal guidelines in a marketing campaign for London lease controls that’s set to be the cornerstone of his 2020 re-election marketing campaign.
Native council byelections happen on Thursdays. There have been 5 yesterday. Britain Elects has the outcomes.