After releasing its complete discography on-line in 2019, Radiohead has simply launched an enormous digital archive entitled Radiohead Public Library which brings collectively all of the completely different aspects forming a part of the band’s prolonged profession. The web site could be very properly organized and provides an summary of Radiohead’s work and all the things that goes with it.
Followers, music lovers and anybody curious concerning the band will discover quite a few rarities, together with stay recordings and unheard tracks launched solely on vinyl. Loads of movies are additionally out there, together with live shows filmed in excessive decision and TV appearances. A lot of the assets have by no means beforehand been made out there.
The media library additionally provides an interactive factor, as customers can create their very own ‘library card’ to pick out their favourite content material and order merchandise from completely different eras, a lot of which bought out a long time in the past. The exhaustive library is a real time capsule, combining digital and materials objects.
Right here’s an inventory of essentially the most exceptional options from the web site, taken from the band’s Reddit:
- All of the video podcasts made for the discharge of the album Child A
- An official movie of the band’s controversial live performance in Tel Aviv in 2017
- A 14-minute unheard recording of their 1997 Glastonbury efficiency
- All of the group’s ‘workplace charts’ out there as playlists on streaming platforms
- All their music movies in excessive decision
- The well-known OKNOTOK cassette out there for streaming. Solely a small quantity have been launched when OK Laptop was re-released in 2017.
- The band’s first EP, Drill, launched in 1992, the 2005 observe “I Need None of This” and the remix EP TKOL RMX8 from 2011, all made out there for the primary time.
In addition to all this, from January 20, every member of Radiohead will spend a day ‘curating’ the web site. They’ll be importing objects from their non-public archives, in addition to their very own private decisions, sharing them on the band’s social media. It’s fairly the renaissance for the long-standing band.