Two persons have been confirmed dead after a two-storey building with a penthouse under construction collapsed on Oriwu Street in the Lekki area of Lagos today, March 5. Fourteen others have been rescued from the debris. The victims were all labourers working at the site. The cause of the collapse could not be immediately ascertained. The spokesman …
Read More »News
Rivers judiciary denies report of Fubara sending Chief Judge on annual leave to halt alleged impeachment plan
Rivers State Judiciary has denied the report that the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Simon Amadi, will be proceeding on an annual leave, Thursday. The denial came following a report circulating on social media that the CJ had been ordered by the governor of the state, Sir Siminialayi Fubara, to leave the country to stop …
Read More »Two sentenced to d3ath by hanging and surgical castration for r3pe in Kaduna
Two persons identified as John Moses and Yakubu Mohammed have been sentenced to d3ath by hanging and surgical castration for r3pe in Kaduna State. The state Commissioner, Ministry of Human Services and Social Development, Hajiya Rabi Salisu, who disclosed this to Daily Trust on Wednesday, March 5, 2025, stated that a third person, Mustapha Musa, was sentenced to life …
Read More »FIFA to pay $1 billion prize money for Club World Cup
FIFA will pay a total prize money of $1 billion to participants in the Club World Cup taking place in the United States this year, a source close to negotiations told AFP on Wednesday. The figure is significantly more than the prize money offered for either the last men’s or women’s World Cups. World football’s governing body …
Read More »Abducted boy, 7, who appeared on Netflix’s Unsolved Mysteries is found after seven years
A young boy abducted seven years ago when he was seven has been found safe and well. Abdul Aziz Khan, 14, who featured on Netflix’s Unsolved Mysteries documentary, was kidnapped in 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. He was found by cops in Colorado in February completely by chance after officers were called out to a burglary. The owner of the home, who …
Read More »Woman sentenced to 30 years imprisonment for the kidnapping and m8rder of 4-year-old girl
A 34-year-old woman, Nonhlelelwa Matsebula, has been jailed for the kidnapping and m8rder of a four-year-old girl for ransom in Protea, South Africa. Matsebula was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment by the High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Division in Johannesburg on Wednesday, March 5, 2024. She was also ordered to serve 20 years of the …
Read More »Six year old girl knocked to de@th as police chase suspected criminal in Lagos
A six-year-old girl has been killed during a race between men of the Lagos state police command and a suspect criminal in the Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos state today, March 5. The father of the deceased, Nnamdi Ugorji, told SaharaReporters that officers from the Moshalashi Police Station were in pursuit of a suspect when they fatally struck his daughter …
Read More »Troops repel Boko Haram attack on police station in Borno
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai successfully repelled an attack by suspected Boko Haram terrorists on Malari police station in Borno State. The insurgents launched the attack at about 1:00 am on Wednesday, March 5, 2025. Upon receiving a distress call, the troops swiftly mobilized, engaged the terrorists, and repelled the attack. The spokesperson for the State Police …
Read More »US cuts off intelligence-sharing with Ukraine
The United States has cut off intelligence-sharing with Ukraine, a move that could significantly impact the Ukrainian military’s ability to target Russian forces, CIA Director John Ratcliffe confirmed on Wednesday, March 5. The decision to halt intelligence-sharing and military aid underscores the Trump administration’s strategy to exert pressure on Ukraine, pushing the country towards the negotiating table regarding the ongoing …
Read More »Ivorian and Zimbabwean nationals are jailed for total of nearly 40 years for gr00ming and r@ping vulnerable teenage girls in the UK
Two Rotherham r@pists who groomed and attacked vulnerable teenage girls in the UK have today been jailed for a total of nearly 40 years.Ivorian national, Romulad Stefan Houphouet, 37, and Zimbabwean Absolom Sigiyo, 41, gr0omed and r@ped girls who were ‘vulnerable in the extreme’.The men were today jailed at Sheffield Crown Court for 20 years and 18-and-a-half years respectively with a …
Read More »