LEXINGTON, Ky. – The No. Eight-ranked Alabama gymnastics workforce beat No. 14 Kentucky in Lexington, Ky., by a rating of 196.775-196.400 Friday afternoon. It marked the Crimson Tide’s second win over the Wildcats this season after downing UK in Tuscaloosa to begin the season. With the win, Alabama goes to Four-Zero on the season, whereas the Wildcats drop to 2-2.
Alabama began the meet off with a season-best 49.425 on the uneven bars paced by Makarri Doggette’s career-best tying 9.950. Kaylee Quinn led the Tide to a 48.925 on the vault with a 9.850, whereas Shania Adams’ 9.900 pushed UA to a 49.250 on the ground train. With Kentucky making a push on the ground train, the Tide posted a stable 49.175 on the stability beam to shut out the meet, led by Alonza Klopfer’s 9.900.
Head Coach Dana Duckworth on the Meet
“General, tonight was a really intense workforce effort. We speak about it on a regular basis, the love of the journey is what’s going to make our workforce robust on the finish. It is thrilling that they acknowledge that and are beginning to be actually mature about it.”
Duckworth’s Rotation Break Down
“We created momentum on the uneven bars and I used to be very happy with that efficiency. We made the choice to go for these huge vaults so we might be ready for championship season. Despite the fact that we had an error early within the rotation, I am unable to converse sufficient about Kaylee Quinn going on the market and hitting that vault after lacking it within the final meet. I assumed Emily Gaskins did an incredible job main us off on the ground train and it was great to see Shania shine on ground after a mistake on vault. On stability beam, though we might have appreciated a flawless efficiency, it’s thrilling that Alonza obtained back-to-back 9.9s … her efficiency was simply stunning. I used to be actually happy with Shallon Olsen for getting on the market for the primary time on beam and it was superior to see Emily do a superb routine after how arduous she’s labored to make that lineup. I used to be additionally happy with Luisa for as soon as once more wrapping it up and doing her job after just a few errors a head of her.”
Contained in the Rating Sheet
- The Crimson Tide bettered its first highway rating of the season by a full level
- Alabama posted its greatest uneven bars rating of the season by .225
- For the second meet in a row Alonza Klopfer tied her career-best on the stability beam, main off the Tide’s lineup with a 9.900
- Klopfer gained the stability beam from the leadoff place
- Shania Adams posted career-best marks on the uneven bars and ground train with matching 9.900s
- Makarri Doggette tied her career-best rating on the uneven bars on the best way to successful the occasion
- Doggette has now gained the uneven bars in each meet this season
- It was Doggette’s third 9.9-or-better uneven bars rating of the season
- Luisa Blanco posted a 39.375 in simply her second collegiate all-around
After Friday’s meet in opposition to Kentucky, Alabama has a bye week earlier than returning to the highway to face off in opposition to Georgia on Friday, Feb. 12 in Athens, Ga.
The meet might be broadcast reside on SEC Community and can get underway at 5 p.m. CT