If the problem you have is eating too much, then intermittent fasting is one of the things you can do to lose weight.
Losing weight is not a ball in the park. It takes a lot of commitment, dedication, and consistency. Intermittent fasting is one of the ways to lose weight.
Types of Intermittent fasting
- Warrior diet – This is when you eat high protein like eggs, vegetables, and low-calorie food content for 20 hours and then you have only 4 hours to eat all the calories you want.
- Eat stop eat – This is when you fast for up to 24 hours a week and eat regularly for the rest of the week
- 5/2 diet – Eating regularly for 5 days but restricting your diet for the remaining 2 days.
- 16/8 method – Abstaining for 16 hours and then eating normally for the remaining 8 hours.
Pros of intermittent fasting
- Fasting for a long period causes a shift in the body’s metabolism. This shift causes fat to be a source of energy and not glucose.
- Logically, intermittent fasting makes the person consume fewer calories than they would have if they were not fasting.
- Research has shown that reducing the amount of food you eat in a day might stop people from having hypertension and lower blood pressure.
- Intermittent fasting also lowers insulin levels.
Cons of intermittent fasting
- It makes no sense to exercise less self-control on days you are not fasting and eat too much food and calories.
- It causes the person to be dizzy, nauseous, moody, tired or have headaches.
- It can lead to eating disorders.
Weigh your options and check with your doctor to see if intermittent fasting is a healthy option for you.