The well being of our student-athletes, campus communities, followers and basic public is an ongoing precedence of the Southeastern Convention and its member establishments.
The SEC continues to watch COVID-19 and is in common communications with member establishments and public well being officers associated to the unfold of the illness.
SEC student-athletes who elect to not take part in intercollegiate athletics in the course of the fall 2020 tutorial semester due to well being and/or security issues associated to COVID-19 will continue to have their scholarships honored by their college and can stay in good standing with their group.
The SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steering Process Pressure has established COVID-19 administration necessities for every SEC sport:
- SEC COMPETITION CANCELLED: All SEC common season convention and non-conference competitions starting Thursday, March 12 were cancelled for the remainder of the 2019-20 athletic year, together with all remaining SEC championship occasions, as a result of developments associated to COVID-19. As well as, all spring soccer video games had been cancelled and no professional days had been carried out by SEC establishments.
- ACTIVITIES SUSPENDED: Different athletics actions, together with group and particular person practices, conferences and different organized gatherings, whether or not voluntary or required, had been suspended by June 7.
- RESUMPTION OF ATHLETICS ACTIVITIES: Voluntary in-person athletics actions had been permitted to resume on SEC campuses, on the discretion of every college, starting June eight. In the course of the month of June, NCAA laws allowed solely power and conditioning personnel to oversee voluntary on-campus athletics actions. According to NCAA laws, organized practices and different required bodily actions remained prohibited in all sports activities. SEC establishments are permitted to have interaction in required and voluntary exercise in step with NCAA laws.
- PROHIBITION OF CAMPS AND CLINICS: Convention establishments are prohibited from internet hosting, conducting, or collaborating in all in-person camps and coaches’ clinics by August 31.
- POSTPONEMENT OF VOLLEYBALL, SOCCER, CROSS-COUNTRY SEASONS: The beginning of volleyball, soccer and cross-country competition has been postponed through at least August 31, together with all exhibition and non-conference competitors.
- NEW START ESTABLISHED FOR FOOTBALL SEASON: The SEC on July 30 established September 26 as the new kickoff for its 2020 football season to permit its universities to concentrate on the wholesome return of their campus communities and the gradual re-introduction of athletics. The 2020 SEC soccer season will probably be comprised of a 10-game Convention-only schedule and the SEC Soccer Championship Recreation will probably be performed December 19 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, rescheduled from the unique date of December 5.
- ADJUSTED PRESEASON FOOTBALL DATES: The SEC introduced on August four adjusted dates for preseason football activities for SEC colleges with the primary allowable observe now scheduled for August 17. The brand new calendar offers student-athletes with extra days off than required by the NCAA and fewer practices than permitted by present NCAA guidelines.
- MEDICAL TASK FORCE REPORT: The SEC introduced on August 7 its initial COVID-19 management requirements for the autumn athletics season as really useful by the SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steering Process Pressure. The complete SEC Return to Exercise and Medical Steering Process Pressure Necessities for COVID-19 Administration of Fall Sports activities may be discovered right here.
- 2020 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE: The SEC introduced on August 17 its revised 10-game, Conference-only schedule.
- FOOTBALL FAN GUIDELINES: The SEC introduced on August 18 guidelines for its 14 member schools to determine expectations to handle the well being and security of followers in preparation for the 2020 soccer season, pending future choices associated to the allowance of followers to attend video games because the Convention continues to watch developments across the COVID-19 virus.
- EXPANDED CARDIAC EVALUATIONS: The SEC on August 21 clarified and expanded its previously announced COVID-19 management requirements for the autumn athletics season. The SEC’s Return to Exercise and Medical Steering Process Pressure has now specified the cardiac analysis outlined in its unique report would mandate a troponin stage, electrocardiogram, echocardiogram and a medical analysis by a doctor. The SEC additionally confirmed a 3rd speedy diagnostic check will probably be carried out every week near competitors for sports activities with a excessive danger of shut contact.
- NEW START DATES ESTABLISHED FOR VOLLEYBALL, SOCCER, CROSS-COUNTRY: The SEC on August 27 established new start dates and formats for the SEC cross nation, soccer and volleyball seasons in addition to the autumn golf and tennis seasons.
- GAME OPERATIONS GUIDELINES: The SEC on August 28 introduced a variety of additional game operations guidelines for its 14 member colleges, following up on its preliminary medical protocols and fan tips introduced earlier in August. The announcement addressed points associated to important on-field personnel, ticketing, on-field performances, disinfection and media operations.
- NEW START DATES FOR SWIMMING & EQUESTRIAN: The SEC on September 14 established new begin dates and codecs for the SEC men’s and women’s swimming & diving and equestrian seasons.
- FOOTBALL COVID INTERRUPTION POLICIES: The SEC on September 18 introduced insurance policies and parameters for football game cancellations, rescheduling of games and no-contest declarations for the 2020 season.
- CONTACT TRACING DEVICES: The SEC on September 22 introduced it’s providing cutting-edge wearable proximity devices, produced by international expertise chief KINEXON, to its 14 member establishments to reinforce COVID-19 contact tracing efforts in the course of the 2020 soccer season. KINEXON SafeZone expertise contains light-weight, wearable units, known as SafeTags, which will probably be used conference-wide for soccer student-athletes at group amenities, throughout practices and video games.
- THIRD-PARTY TESTING PROVIDER: The SEC on September 23 introduced it has selected PAE to provide COVID-19 testing services for in-season fall sports activities at every of the 14 SEC campuses. The Convention and PAE have been working collectively since mid-August to implement testing protocols for fall sports activities. Teaming with Premier Medical Group, PAE deployed check groups to every campus earlier in September to start testing and all associated logistics for SEC sports activities.
- NEW START DATES FOR BASKETBALL: The SEC on September 25 introduced it has established Dec. 29 and 30 as the new start dates for its 2020-21 males’s basketball convention schedule whereas the ladies’s basketball begin date will stay Dec. 31, 2020 as beforehand scheduled. The boys’s basketball convention schedule will probably be comprised of 20 play dates that may accommodate an 18-game schedule with two open dates. The ladies’s basketball convention schedule -remains at 18 play dates that can match a 16-game league schedule.
SEC member establishments will proceed to supply their student-athletes with care and assist to fulfill wants in areas together with teachers, medical care, psychological well being and wellness, diet and housing as wanted.
The SEC encourages using the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention web site (www.cdc.gov) as a supply of knowledge for recommendation on preventive motion and updates on the illness, and to hunt medical recommendation from certified medical professionals when obligatory and acceptable.
Under are hyperlinks to SEC institutional web sites, the NCAA and nationwide well being organizations which have the most recent data on the coronavirus.
Nationwide Group Web sites