Actor Jonathan Majors has been implicated in a domestic violence in London.
TMZ reported that the Manhattan D.A. prosecuting Majors for his 2023 arrest for alleged domestic violence in New York City has entered documents that come from across the pond, involving an alleged incident with him and a woman 6 months before the NYC event.
The alleged incident occurred last year at Molineux Stadium, a soccer stadium in Wolverhampton, England. The actor was in England filming the latest season of “Loki,” which is currently airing.
The London report includes medical records and treatment info for a woman connected to the alleged incident.
Jonathan was arrested in March for misdemeanour assault, aggravated harassment, attempted assault, and harassment after allegedly slapping his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari.
He’s denied the allegations repeatedly, and Jabbari who is from London, is expected to be charged with assault after he filed a counter-complaint against her in June.
Smith, 30, broke the news on Nine’s Today on Tuesday.
“I’m coming back home to play some golf,” he told Today.
“I loved coming back down to Australia just to hang out, but to play golf in front of the fans is something that I love doing and I’m happy that I’m coming back home.
“I’ve been fortunate to have a few PGAs, haven’t quite got the Open yet so that’s something that I want and I’ll be working hard to get it done.”
Smith won last year’s PGA Championship in front of a roaring Queensland crowd who went nuts for the Brisbane local.
The Open 2022: Aussie golf icon’s ashes scattered on 18th green hours prior to Cameron Smith’s victory
”Cam will be trying to join an elite group of golfers by winning the Kirkwood Cup (Australian PGA) for a fourth time this November and I’m sure he’ll be ready to put on a great show once again at Royal Queensland,” PGA of Australia CEO Gavin Kirkman said.
“Cam continues to support his home tour each year and the fans just want to see him live and in action showcasing his game while inspiring our next generation of players girls and boys to reach their peak.
“With Cam locked in for both fields, the Australian PGA and Australian Open will be must-see events.”
The Pittsburgh Pirates surprised some when they selected LSU pitcher Paul Skenes with the top pick in the 2023 MLB Draft. A dominant righty, Skenes was long pegged as the second-best player in his class behind teammate Dylan Crews. It didn’t seem Pittsburgh could go wrong either way as both players were excellent in helping to lead LSU to a College World Series title. On Tuesday, Skenes officially signed with the Pirates and it likely won’t be long until he’s on an MLB mound.
The Pirates gave Skenes a $9.2 million bonus, the biggest in MLB draft history. It’s not surprising they did, given that he and Stephen Strasburg are considered the best pitching prospects of all-time. At 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds, Skenes has the size to be a workhorse starter for a long time. And his stuff is absolutely elite.
Skenes features a fastball that sits at 98 mph and hits triple-digits often. It was up to 102 mph for LSU this season. The crazy thing is, that fastball isn’t his best pitch. The righty features a nasty, wipeout slider that sits in the high 80s and garners crazy swing-and-miss rates. He also features a solid changeup that often comes in the low 90s. It has good movement but is a pitch he’ll need to refine a bit as his career progresses.
Skenes grew up in Southern California and went to the Air Force Academy out of high school. He spent two years there before transferring to LSU prior to his junior season. He was already a touted draft prospect when he joined the Tigers, but his stock exploded once he was on the mound facing SEC hitters.
In 2023, Skenes made 19 starts. He went 12-2 with a 1.69 ERA and a WHIP of 0.75. He struck out 209 batters in 122.2 innings and only walked 20. His K/9 rate was an absurd 15.3. It’s worth reiterating that he was in the SEC, facing the best college hitters in the nation nearly every start.
Skenes is also a great athlete, not just a really good pitcher. As a sophomore at Air Force, he was a two-way player. He went 10-3 with a 2,73 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP, with 96 strikeouts in 85.2 innings on the mound. In addition to that, he hit .314 with an OPS of 1.046, 13 home runs, 38 RBI and 21 walks against 40 strikeouts in 153 at-bats. When he arrived at LSU, he focused solely on pitching.
The Pirates have said they do think Skenes will be able to pitch in the minor leagues before the 2023 season is over. That’s a strange path for a guy who threw 122.2 innings this season and hasn’t pitched since the College World Series. But don’t expect him to be in the majors this year. Skenes will likely get work in the Florida Complex League to start out as the team assesses where he is physically. I’d imagine he’ll be ticketed for Double-A to start the 2024 season.
I’d imagine the target for Skenes to hit the big leagues would be midway through the 2024 season. As long as he doesn’t have any bad injury luck or some kind of setback, he doesn’t have much left to prove.
Baseball fans shouldn’t be waiting too long to see Skenes on a major league mound.
Jonathan Majors could go to jail for a year after his charge was upgraded to third-degree assault.
The Creed III actor, 33, was accused of assaulting and strangling his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, in New York City in March. He was charged with misdemeanor assault and harassment. But that charge has now been ‘adjusted,’ his lawyer said.
He attended a court hearing via Zoom on Tuesday morning, May 9, in regards to the status of his assault case – and it was here that a superseding complaint with a charge of third-degree assault was announced, reports Deadline.
This could see Majors be sent behind bars for up to a year if found guilty. He has previously denied all wrongdoing.
Judge Rachel S. Pauley also discussed a motion filed by Majors’ defense team that the prosecution has until May 23 to respond.
He will have to appear in court on June 13, otherwise he may be arrested, the judge said.
Pauley told the actor on Tuesday morning: ‘I obviously don’t want that to happen, so just stay in touch with your attorney.’
Following the hearing his attorney, Priya Chaudhry published a statement, slamming Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg for ‘fixing’ the case in favor of the accuser.
She said that despite the alleged evidence that exonerates Majors, the case is continuing and the DA has changed the charge to fit the woman’s ‘new lies.’
Chaudhry said: ‘We have provided the District Attorney with irrefutable evidence that the woman is lying, including video proof showing nothing happened, especially not where she claimed.
Actor Jonathan Majors has said that the man who was driving him and his now ex-girlfriend the night of their alleged assault will testify that he did not strike her.
In documents filed before a Manhattan court on Wednesday, April 19, Jonathan’s attorney Priya Chaudhry also noted that there is video proof she was not injured when she went out to a club after the alleged altercation.
Chaundhry said the driver witnessed what went down between Jonathan and the woman back in March. According to the docs, around 1 AM, the driver saw the woman assault Majors “while she was attempting to steal his phone.”
The driver will also testify Majors never struck the alleged victim “in any way at any time, or even raised his voice.” Majors and his attorney also said the driver saw her “hitting, scratching, and attacking” Jonathan … and that Jonathan asked the driver to stop the car, so he could escape her attack, which he did.
While the woman told the police that she suffered a broken finger and a laceration behind her ear during the altercation, Chaudhry described it as a “complete lie.”
The lawyer also said they have hours of security videos showing the woman went clubbing and got drunk after Majors left her in the car and she also texted him, accusing him of infidelity and threatening suicide.
As for when she was out at a nightclub, Majors court filing includes screen shots of security video showing the woman freely using her right hand, which she claimed Majors injured.
In the videos, the actor’s lawyer said she casually pushed her hair behind her right ear, reached into her bag several times, sorted through credit cards, handled phones, held a menu and a glass of champagne.
She was seen partying pretty hard, throwing back shots and champagne with friends without any visible sign of injury.
When her night out at the club was over, she reportedly showed up at Majors home at 3:23 AM, entered his apartment, called him 32 times and sent several angry, jealous text messages. Majors was not home when she got there.
Chaudhry said none of the text messages accused Jonathan of injuring her, nor does she mention any discomfort from alleged injuries.
Majors reportedly got home at 11:13 AM, and found her unconscious and half naked on the floor of his walk-in closet. He also discovered she allegedly threw up in his bed, and told him she’d taken “a few sleeping tablets.”
Majors then called 911, and says when paramedics arrived, the woman allegedly repeatedly told them “I don’t know” when asked what happened to her.
In the document, Chaudhry claims body cam footage shows police interviewing the woman, and “clearly coaching her to say that Mr. Majors grabbed her by the throat.” Chaudhry claims the alleged victim never made that claim to anyone prior to the officer’s direction.
TMZ reported that Chaudhry and Majors want the D.A. to review their evidence swiftly and “dismiss these false charges against him.”