White House says Iran would be ‘wise’ to take deal amid military buildup | Donald Trump News

White House Officials Urge Iran to Collaborate Amid Military Buildup in the Middle East
WASHINGTON — White House spokesperson Karoline Leavitt stated that Iran would be “wise” to negotiate with the United States, coinciding with an increase in U.S. military assets deployed to the Middle East.
Leavitt’s comments followed a second round of indirect talks between U.S. and Iranian representatives earlier this month. While Iranian officials reported progress, claiming that both nations had settled on “guiding principles,” U.S. Vice President JD Vance emphasized that Iran had yet to address all of Washington’s “red lines.”
During a press conference on Wednesday, Leavitt reiterated the Trump administration’s stance, urging Iran to meet U.S. demands. “Iran would be very wise to make a deal with President Trump and his administration,” she said.
Former President Donald Trump, who has previously threatened military action against Iran amid its crackdown on protests, hinted at possible escalation in a post on Truth Social. He cautioned U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer against a deal involving the Chagos Islands, strategically located in the Indian Ocean, which would allow the U.S. and U.K. to continue operating a joint airbase on Diego Garcia.
In that post, Trump suggested that should Iran refuse to negotiate, the U.S. could consider utilizing Diego Garcia and Fairford Airfield to preempt potential attacks from Iran. “An attack that would potentially be made on the United Kingdom, as well as other friendly countries,” he wrote.
Meanwhile, at an International Energy Agency meeting in Paris, U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright warned that the U.S. would prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons “one way or the other.” He described Iran’s ambitions regarding nuclear weapons as “entirely unacceptable.”
As tensions rise, the Pentagon has bolstered its military presence in the Middle East. As of Wednesday, the U.S. deployed the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, nine destroyers, and three littoral combat ships, with more vessels en route, including the USS Gerald R. Ford, the largest aircraft carrier in the world.
Additionally, open-source intelligence reports and flight-tracking websites indicate a significant deployment of aircraft, including F-22 Raptors and various support aircraft, to the region.
In response, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian stated that Iran does not seek war but will not capitulate to U.S. pressure. “If they try to impose their will on us, humiliate us, and demand that we bow our heads, should we accept that?” he asked.
Pezeshkian’s remarks followed military exercises by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in the Strait of Hormuz. Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has warned that any new U.S. strikes could escalate tensions across the region.
On the diplomatic front, Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported that its top diplomat, Abbas Araghchi, communicated with Rafael Grossi, head of the United Nations nuclear watchdog. Grossi emphasized the importance of creating a coherent framework for future discussions regarding Iran’s nuclear program.
The U.S. withdrew from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) in 2018, leading to a “maximum pressure” campaign that has included severe sanctions. Efforts to negotiate a new nuclear deal have faced significant obstacles since that time, with Iran insisting that discussions focus solely on its nuclear program, which it claims is for civilian use. However, Washington is advocating for broader demands, including limitations on Iran’s ballistic missile development.






